Are you looking for a fun way to bring new traffic to your food blog and make new friends at the same time? Look no further, Link Parties are the way to go!
So what is a link party and how can it help promote your blog? Link parties are self hosted blog posts that invite other members of the blogging community to drop one of their links onto their party page for the opportunity of promotion. The parties are usually run weekly and can be hosted by one or multiple members. They usually request that you follow the hosts on at least one social media avenue and in exchange you can drop your blog link into the party for others to visit or promote via their own social media pages. The host will then go through the links at the end of the week and pick ‘favorites’ to promote on their own page / social media the following week.
Link parties are also an amazing way to meet other bloggers (pssst! … it’s a party, you should mingle) and of course, check out new recipes, crafts and home decor ideas. They always make me think of getting together with your best friends and sitting around a table with a cup of coffee and a tray of cinnamon rolls, swapping out recipe ideas and the latest on organizing your laundry room.
You know, if you do that sort of thing. Which I don’t … but if I did…. that is what comes to mind when I think of link parties.
Keep in mind, link parties are HUGE deals and lots of people will participate so this is one party you really want to try to be early for. If you can drop your link early on when the party starts, it’s always a good thing. Being link #29 and on the front page gives you a better chance at seeing some traffic opposed to being #704 on page 34. Also, be on the lookout for opportunities to sign up for the hosts to email you reminding you about their link party. That email notification is like a starting bell and is a great way to jump into the party quick.
I will be the first to admit that when I first stared Pack Momma, I tried link parties for one week, saw no difference in traffic or volume and broke up with the idea of link parties right away. Fast forward six months and here I am righting this post encouraging everyone to get involved. Link parties are a ridiculous opportunity that you should not miss out on. Sure, they take some organization to keep straight but blogging is not a solo ride, my friends, and this is a great way to meet new people and find new blogs to follow. I am finding that my blogger friends are invaluable, not only as a resource to bounce ideas off of and exchange tips with .. I mean they are awesome as … PEOPLE! We are all the same, we are all trying to share our creations with the world and push through this thing called blogging the best we can. Then there is obvious change of exposure. If your blog link is picked to be featured by a party host, you can easily see your traffic boost up to thousands of hits off that one promotion. Is that an opportunity to walk away from? Any way you look at it, it’s a good thing to involve yourself with link parties. You could possibly have your post picked and promoted, you are mingling with other bloggers and making friends and everyone is helping each other with a little social media love so it’s a Win/Win for everyone.
The struggle that I had initially with link parties is there are sooooo many awesome parties it’s impossible to keep them all straight. This chick is limited on organizational skills unless I can plug it into a spreadsheet so it took a while to put this list into a working order. Plus, they all start at different times and even off days. For example, a party labeled XXX Monday Link Party might actually start accepting submissions Sunday night while ZZZ Monday Link Party accepts their party people at 8:00am… Mountain Standard Time. This is the part that I will continue to tweek and I will be adding party start times to the list below so be sure to Bookmark this page for your daily link ups. Also, don’t forget that if you look at a blog Monday morning and there is no party started, try again Monday Night. And if this list is not big enough for you (What the.. What???), you can also check out the party hosts blog and most will have their own Party Link Page so there could be even more places to Link Up!!
The list below are the parties that I participate in each week and putting together this list is the only way I can make sure I jump in to all of them. If you (awesome person reading this post) have a party you would like added to my list, please drop me a comment and let me know. I love adding to the list (and joining in on the fun too) !!
So now that you have this list bookmarked .. Go! .. Make friends! .. Be FABULOUS!! …
- http://blogghetti.com/ – Happiness Is Homemade
- http://niftythriftythings.com – Nifty Thrifty Sunday
- http://www.makeaheadmealsforbusymoms.com/ – Melt In Your Mouth Monday
- http://www.flourmewithlove.com/ – Mix It Up Monday!
- http://www.sewcando.com/ – Craftastic Monday
- http://www.lovefromthekitchen.com/ – Tuesdays Table
- http://www.tumbleweedcontessa.com/ – What Did You Do This Weekend
- http://nap-timecreations.com/ – Inspiration Monday
- http://www.apinchofjoy.com/ – Busy Monday
- http://nap-timecreations.com/ – Create Link Inspire
- http://www.ourtableforseven.com/ – Inspire Me Monday
- http://www.sugarbeecrafts.com/ – Show and Tell
- http://www.loulougirls.com/ – LouLou Girls Fabulous Party
- http://marilynstreats.com/ – Wake Up Wednesday
- http://www.thepinjunkie.com/ – Pin Junkie Pin Party
- http://flusterbuster.com/ – Creative Muster
- http://www.tipjunkie.com/ – Tip Me Tuesday
- http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/ – Wow Us Wednesday
- http://memoriesbythemile.com/ – Treasure Box Tuesday
- http://asimplepantry.com/ – Create and Share
- http://cupcakesandcrinoline.com/ – Project Inspire(d)
- http://ladybug-blessings.com/ – Handmade Tuesdays
- http://www.amynewnostalgia.com/ – Anti-Procrastination Tuesaday
- http://caleighskitchen.com/category/try-a-bite-tuesday – Try A Bite Tuesday
- http://apeekintomyparadise.com/ – Wake Up Wednesdays
- http://apeekintomyparadise.com/ – Tickle My Tastebuds (also Google+, Twitter, Hops, etc)
- http://www.funkypolkadotgiraffe.net/ – Too Cute Tuesday
- http://thediydreamer.com/ – From Dream to Reality
- http://www.homestoriesatoz.com/ – Tutorials and Tips
- http://www.ducksnarow.com/ – Wonderful Wednesday
- http://www.mizhelenscountrycottage.com/ – Full Plate Thursday
- http://flusterbuster.com/ – Creative Muster Party
- http://www.asavoryfeast.com/ – The Wednesday Showcase
- http://diybydesign.blogspot.com/ – It’s A Party
- http://thehappyhousie.porch.com/ – Work It Wednesday
- http://www.mygirlishwhims.com/ – Your Whims Wednesday
- http://www.thethriftyhome.com/ – Weekly Penny Pinching Party
- http://lovepastatoolbelt.com/ – The Wednesday Round Up
- http://www.bunsinmyoven.com/ – What’s Cookin’ Wednesday
- http://threekidsandafish.com/ – Wine’d Down Wednesday
- http://www.gingersnapcrafts.com/ – Wow me Wednesdays
- http://www.shakentogetherlife.com/ – Creativity Unleased
- http://www.posedperfection.com/ – Creative Ways
- http://katherinescorner.com/ – Thursdays Favorite Things
- http://www.avisiontoremember.com/ – The Creative Exchange
- http://www.aglimpseinsideblog.com/ – Handmade Hangout
- http://www.thechunkychef.com/ – Friday Favorites
- http://whatscookinglove.com/ – Showcase Your Talent Thursday
- http://www.walkingonsunshinerecipes.com/ – Foodie Friends
- http://lifewithlorelai.com/– Home Matters
- http://www.artsyfartsymama.com/ – Artsy Fartsy Link Party
- http://www.thecountrycook.net/ – Weekend Potluck
- http://www.adishofdailylife.com/ – Foodie FriDIY
- http://www.bakeplaysmile.com/ – Fabulous Foodie Friday
- http://www.craftyallieblog.com/ – Pinbellish (Pinterest Pins only)
- http://www.lovebakesgoodcakes.com/ – Freedom Fridays
- http://taketwotapas.com/ – Saucy Saturdays
- http://www.the36thavenue.com/ – Best DIY and Recipe Party
- http://www.thesitsgirls.com/ – Saturday Sharefest